Foundations of General Practice : A workbook for nurses
The 2020 APNA National Conference will be held on Sydney's iconic Darling Harbour at the International Convention Centre from 21 to 23 May
A relevant program equal to the diverse and inspiring nurses of primary health care for which it is designed is already taking shape.
Scroll down for links to conference programs from over the years to get a feel for the thought-provoking sessions on offer.
Now into its twelfth year, APNA's national conferences have built a strong reputation for providing brilliantly balanced conference programs that educate and motivate the lifelong learner. To register for the APNA 2020 Conference click here.
Contact email@example.com if you would like to give your input for 2020 - key areas of health care to cover, speaker suggestions, issues to shine a spotlight on - all ideas are welcome and considered.
Year after year, the APNA national conference provides a preeminent platform to recognise and celebrate the best examples of primary health care nursing, further building on the expertise and collegiality of the formidable nurse workforce. Three days of tailored professional development for nurses working in primary health care around Australia, APNA’s annual national conference delivers inspiring keynotes from nurses leading the way; interactive workshops that will engage you; sessions from nurses making a difference and all the latest research to ensure you have the best information to take back to your practices.
The conference team are working diligently to develop a broad and action-inspiring program featuring workshops, keynotes, panels and breakfast sessions that are valuable and relevant to the daily practice of primary health care nurses.
Download the APNA 2019 National Conference program for an idea of what the three days look like.
In 2019, streams running throughout the conference embraced the Building on the Best theme with sessions:
- showcasing innovative and replicable models of care
- exploring how the profile of nurses' role can be better understood and recognised
- touching on policy issues impacting primary health care nursing
- highlighting quality improvement in practice
- investigating workforce capacity building
- identifying proficient health care across the life of a patient.
Every year, the conference provides opportunities to:
- extend your scope of practice through hands-on clinical and leadership workshops
- be inspired by peers
- enhance your education and build on current skills, including updates on key guidelines and pressing policy issues
- learn about new and innovative roles for nurses and models of care that can be adopted in similar settings
- have input into key issues affecting nursing in primary health care
- exposure to 50+ industry-leading exhibitors for further learning and relationship building
- attain the CPD hours required for the year to meet national registration obligations.
Interactive learning tied in with lively social events will provide nurse delegates with the opportunity to connect and share their experiences, questions, passions and insights with experts and peers in primary health care.
To be kept up to date with all the developments and announcements regarding the APNA National Conference, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Get a taste for the high calibre speakers and quality of education served up at APNA National Conferences over the years with links to videos and past presentations.