Learn about APNA’s Nursing in Primary Health Care Program, a three year Commonwealth funded program designed to increase recruitment, retention and employment opportunities for primary health care nurses.
APNA's National Conferences have built a reputation for providing brilliantly balanced conference programs that educate and inspire
Check out an outline of the 2018 program for a taste of what to expect.
Three days of tailored professional development for nurses working in primary health care around Australia, APNA’s annual national conference delivers inspiring keynotes from nurses leading the way; interactive workshops that will engage you; sessions from nurses making a difference and all the latest research to ensure you have the best information.
APNA work diligently and consult broadly to ensure a thought-provoking program featuring workshops, keynotes, panels, breakfast sessions, abstract and poster presentations are valuable and relevant to the daily practice of primary health care nurses.
Program streams will explore numerous topics including: efficient models of care, workforce recruitment and retention, embracing change, quality and safety in practice, service innovation, nurse leadership and much more.
The conference provides opportunities to:
- extend your scope of practice through hands-on clinical and leadership workshops
- be inspired by peers
- enhance your education and build on current skills, including updates on key guidelines and pressing policy issues
- learn about new and innovative roles for nurses and models of care that can be adopted in similar settings
- have input into key issues affecting nursing in primary health care
- exposure to 50+ industry-leading exhibitors for further learning and relationship building
- attain the CPD hours required for the year to meet national registration obligations.
With oral and poster presentations being selected from the many outstanding abstract submissions, there are great opportunities to challenge yourself and connect with your peers by being a part of the action.
Interactive learning tied in with lively social events will provide nurse delegates with the opportunity to connect and share their experiences, questions, passions and insights with experts and peers in primary health care.
To be kept up to date with all the developments and announcements regarding APNA's 2019 National Conference, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.