This workshop provides practical, comprehensive CPD for new and transitioning nurses, and those seeking an update on best practice in the GP setting.
Chronic Disease Management and Healthy Ageing Program
Empower your patients to age well and thrive
I had a great day. Thank you. Wonderful informative speakers. Great venue. Good to network too."
"Great learning course. Enjoyed meeting the other practice nurses and listening to their feedback to questions.
With 1 in 2 Australians suffering from chronic disease, there's no better time to upskill in chronic disease management and healthy ageing.
APNA's new 12 month program offers over 50 hours of online and face-to-face learning, designed for nurses by nurses in primary health care.
4. Online learning
5. Discussion forum
6. Follow up
- General program information
- Program objectives
- Program components
- Program dates, locations and registration details
- Cancellations and refunds
General program information
Duration: 12 months
- Compulsory: 1 day workshop (Up to 6 CPD hours)
- Electives: Online learning (More than 50 CPD hours to choose from)
Location: 1 day face-to-face workshop. Remaining activities are online.
Cost: $200 (ex GST) for APNA non-members and members. Grants and sponsorship opportunities are available.
- To understand the fundamental principles of chronic disease management and health ageing.
- To incorporate and apply the concepts of chronic disease management and healthy ageing within their nursing practice.
- To identify strengths and areas to grow in relation to chronic disease management and healthy ageing practice.
1 day workshop | Up to 6 CPD hours | 8:30am to 4:30pm
In an interactive and practical one-day workshop, nurses will be guided through their role in empowering patients to manage chronic disease and healthy ageing. The workshop agenda is the following:
- Overview of chronic disease management and healthy ageing
- Communication and engagement
- Getting things happening
- Patient self-management support and empowerment
- Putting it all together
Click here for a sample agenda.
Upon registering for the workshop, nurses take a self-assessment (online survey) to identify their current knowledge, and become aware of any areas for improvement. From this, we link nurses to key APNA online learning to complete.
APNA Online Learning
Twenty seven online learning modules provided to nurses by APNA. This is accessible from when nurses register for a workshop, and access is available for one year. We encourage nurses to complete this at their own pace during the 12 month program. Click here to download a list of available modules.
A closed Facebook group where nurses can discuss, engage and consult with their peers. APNA provides hints, tips and tricks to the group, as well as encouraging and facilitating discussion.
This will include one complimentary call for non-members and ongoing support to members, through the APNA Nurse Support Line – a service to assist nurses with any queries. APNA may also make contact to check how nurses have been implementing learnings from this program.
Program dates, locations and registration details
- Wollongong* Tuesday 13th Register now
- Narooma* Thursday 15th Register now
- Dubbo Friday 23rd Register now
- Ballarat Wednesday 4th Register now
- Coordinare is sponsoring nurses for the Narooma and Wollongong workshops.
- Western Queensland is sponsoring nurses for the Mount Isa workshop.
Cancellations and refunds
Event cancellations must be made in writing to APNA and incur a $50 (incl. GST) administration fee.
There is a range of scholarships that may fund your attendance to one of the workshops. A list of scholarships and grants is here.
The Chronic Disease Management and Health Ageing Program has been funded by the Australian Government Department of Health.