Supported by Health Professionals Bank. The results of this survey equips APNA members with information on the workforce conditions of your profession, and helps APNA’s develop evidence-based policy and programs relating to the primary health care nurse workforce and to advocate for you.
The APNA National Conference program for 2020 is already taking shape
Scroll down for links to conference programs from over the years
Now into it's twelth year, APNA's national conferences have built a strong reputation for providing brilliantly balanced conference programs that educate and inspire.
Contact email@example.com if you would like to give your input - key areas of health care to cover, speaker suggestions, issues to shine a spotlight on - all ideas are welcome and considered.
Year after year, the APNA national conference provides a preeminent platform to recognise and celebrate the best examples of primary health care nursing, further building on the expertise and collegiality of the formidable nurse workforce. Three days of tailored professional development for nurses working in primary health care around Australia, APNA’s annual national conference delivers inspiring keynotes from nurses leading the way; interactive workshops that will engage you; sessions from nurses making a difference and all the latest research to ensure you have the best information to take back to your practices.
The conference team are working diligently to develop a broad and thought-provoking program featuring workshops, keynotes, panels and breakfast sessions that are valuable and relevant to the daily practice of primary health care nurses.
In 2019, streams running throughout the conference will embrace the Building on the Best theme with sessions:
- showcasing innovative and replicable models of care
- exploring how the profile of nurses' role can be better understood and recognised
- touching on policy issues impacting primary health care nursing
- highlighting quality improvement in practice
- investigating workforce capacity building
- identifying proficient health care across the life of a patient.
The conference provides opportunities to:
- extend your scope of practice through hands-on clinical and leadership workshops
- be inspired by peers
- enhance your education and build on current skills, including updates on key guidelines and pressing policy issues
- learn about new and innovative roles for nurses and models of care that can be adopted in similar settings
- have input into key issues affecting nursing in primary health care
- exposure to 50+ industry-leading exhibitors for further learning and relationship building
- attain the CPD hours required for the year to meet national registration obligations.
Interactive learning tied in with lively social events will provide nurse delegates with the opportunity to connect and share their experiences, questions, passions and insights with experts and peers in primary health care.
To be kept up to date with all the developments and announcements regarding the APNA National Conference, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Get a taste for the high calibre speakers and quality of education served up at APNA National Conferences over the years with links to videos and past presentations.
Also in this section
APNA Nurse Awards
APNA annually presents the APNA Nurse Awards at the National Conference. The awards showcase the work of outstanding primary health care nurses.
Find out more about the cutting edge, industry leading sponsors partnering, exhibiting and supporting APNA's National Conference for nurses in primary health care. We couldn't run this preeminent professional development and networking event for nurses working in primary health care without them!
Check out all the videos and presentations for the last 7 years. Includes keynotes, abstract and workshop sessions.