Supported by Health Professionals Bank. The results of this survey equips APNA members with information on the workforce conditions of your profession, and helps APNA’s develop evidence-based policy and programs relating to the primary health care nurse workforce and to advocate for you.
Job vacant: Project manager position available at APNA
APNA is seeking a Project Manager to lead, drive and deliver a Chronic Heart Failure Nurse Clinic Project over the next 12 months, while working collaboratively with other APNA initiatives and programs.
- Although this job is based in Western Australia, flexible work options are available including working remotely
- This work will be managed in accordance with the approved program funding and activity schedule. In addition the successful candidate will work with APNA's broad organisational purpose and interplay with other key stakeholder organisations
- The Chronic Heart Failure Nurse Clinics project will support the establishment of six nurse clinics that aim to improve the treatment and care of patients with chronic heart failure in primary care, living in targeted regions of Western Australia
- The project framework builds on the knowledge and resources APNA has developed in regard to the establishment of nurse clinics within primary health care settings
- More information on Chronic Heart Failure Nurse Clinics
Job tasks and responsibilities
Read full Position Description
Skills and experience
- Relevant undergraduate or postgraduate qualification in nursing, health, project management or other relevant discipline
- Deep contextual understanding of the primary health care setting
- Experience as a project manager, or utilising similar skills, in a health-related field
- Proven understanding of budgetary requirements within a project delivery setting
- Proven excellent oral and written communication, collaboration and negotiation skills
- Proven success in negotiating and building external partnerships
- Proven consultation and facilitation skills with the ability to work independently when necessary.
Essential IT competencies
- Microsoft Office applications (Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Willingness to undertake instruction and become proficient in editing or developing APNA project website pages, APNA project Facebook pages and other electronic programs such as google documents, Dedoose, Trello and other platforms as identified
To be considered for this position please email your CV with a supporting statement demonstrating how you meet the selection criteria along with the answers to the below questions to email@example.com
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as a project manager?
- Are you currently registered with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA)?
- How many years of people management experience do you have?
Submit by midnight, Sunday 1 September 2019.