Professional indemnity insurance for APNA members to 31 March 2019 for $9.17 per month
Advance Care Planning - Do You Really Know What Your Patient Wants
This session is ideal for primary care nurses who participate in care planning and treatment of patients with chronic or life-limiting conditions.
It will enable you to learn about the principles and practice of advance care planning (ACP).
This workshop will:
- Explain the value of, and need for, ACP,
- Recognise the ethico-legal principles of ACP,
- Develop a system for identifying patients for whom ACP discussions are indicated,
- Describe how to initiate and/or conduct ACP discussion, and
- Discuss how to incorporate ACP into your practice.
Presented by Margo Roest and Mary Reynolds