Supported by Health Professionals Bank. The results of this survey equips APNA members with information on the workforce conditions of your profession, and helps APNA’s develop evidence-based policy and programs relating to the primary health care nurse workforce and to advocate for you.
Infection Prevention & Control
In addition to the skills and knowledge gained in the course, the learner will understand:
- What a Healthcare Associated Infection (HCAI) is and how it’s transmitted,
- The principles of infection prevention and control, and
- Current hand hygiene procedures.
Learning outcomes that will come as a result of doing the course include:
- Learning the proper way to handle and dispose of sharp medical instruments,
- Learning how to use, handle and clean equipment, and
- Understanding different ways to minimilaise the risk of infection posed by care support workers.
This course is designed for all health and social care staff.