Supported by Health Professionals Bank. The results of this survey equips APNA members with information on the workforce conditions of your profession, and helps APNA’s develop evidence-based policy and programs relating to the primary health care nurse workforce and to advocate for you.
Webinar: Enhanced Capability in Family Planning - Obesity, Chronic Disease & Fertility
This webinar compliments the online course - Obesity Chronic Disease and Fertility - currently available for primary health care nurses through APNA Online Learning.
This webinar will help nurses:
- Understand the impact of chronic diseases and risk factors on fertility, the subsequent impact on antenatal care and birth outcomes,
- Identify issues relating to overweight and obesity, and the role of weight in fertility, pregnancy, birth and birth outcomes,
- comprehend the impact on fertility, pregnancy and birth outcomes of specific chronic diseases such as diabetes, mental health problems, epilepsy, and autoimmune disorders,
- Improve understanding of the valuable role that PHC nurses have in promoting, and encouraging fertility awareness and planned pregnancies to clients within their care, and
- Identify strategies to better engage with both male and female clients in relation to their fertility and their future pregnancy planning options. (May integrate with one of the other objectives).