APNA's definition of primary health care nursing covers health, scope of practice, primary health care, roles and settings. We also explore general practice nursing and Phillips et al. six roles of the general practice nurse.
Foundations of Spirometry in Primary Health Care
This education will provide fundamental level of awareness for PHCNs to confidently undertake quality spirometry; and support patients to undertake spirometry in the primary health care clinical setting.
- Understand the purpose of spirometry.
- Be familiar with requirements for performing safe and quality spirometry.
- Develop confidence to support and coach patients to produce quality spirometry.
- Develop confidence in spirometry terminology, spirometry results and clinical implications.
- Consider ways to influence the impact of respiratory conditions at a patient, organisational and community level.
- Understand the importance of the nurse role in creating an environment of safety and quality improvement; developing systems supporting patients to manage their respiratory conditions proactively.
- Understand guidelines for spirometry, and how to access information and resources to support evidence based, patient centred practice.
Suitable for all nurses working in primary health care including general practice.