Supported by Health Professionals Bank. The results of this survey equips APNA members with information on the workforce conditions of your profession, and helps APNA’s develop evidence-based policy and programs relating to the primary health care nurse workforce and to advocate for you.
Nurse Clinics in Australian General Practice - Planning, Implementation & Evaluation
This course is a blended learning program of one-hour online theory and two hours of reflective learning. This course has been developed to provide nurses with an understanding of the nurse clinic model of care and provide a framework to assist in the planning, implementation and evaluation stages of setting up a nurse clinic in your general practice.
This course is comprised of a theoretical (online learning modules) and a reflective component (Initial Concept Planning Tool).
In order to successfully complete this course, you are required to:
- View all pages within the online learning course,
- Complete all sections of the Initial Concept Planning Tool, and
- Complete the course feedback survey.
1 hour /1 CPD hour
About the Author
The module has been developed by the Australian Primary Health Care Nurses Association with funding provided by the Australian Government Department of Health.
This educational course has been developed to provide you with:
- The concept of nurse-led care and nurse clinic model of care,
- The framework for nurse clinics in Australia,
- Knowledge of the nurse clinic model of care in the general practice setting,
- The key quality domain considerations outlined in the Nurse Clinic Resource, and
- Raised awareness of nurse clinic evaluation.
Suitable for nurses working in primary health care including general practice.
What you’ll get
At the completion of each module you will be presented with a brief online assessment that will test your underpinning knowledge.
To fully complete the course and claim your full CPD hours, we recommend you also complete the corresponding survey at the end. It only takes a few minutes to complete.
Once you have completed all sections of the course, a certificate will be available next to the course name in the ‘My Training’ section of APNA Online Learning.