Foundations of General Practice : A workbook for nurses
Reducing Risky Drinking
This course has been designed to provide you with an introduction to Screening, Brief Intervention and Referral to Treatment (SBIRT) for addressing risky alcohol use in primary health.
1 hour / 1 CPD hour
Cost: $38.50 inc GST / APNA Members FREE
About the Author
Reducing Risky Drinking has been co-developed by APNA and Southcity Clinic at Bayside Medicare Local based on training materials developed by Rosemary Cluett and Jock Mackenzie.
After completing this course, you will have an understanding of SBIRT and be able to:
- recognise risky drinking and its harms,
- advise patients on standard drinks and the NHMRC alcohol guidelines,
- engage patients about their drinking,
- conduct SBIRT in your practice,
- support your colleagues to conduct SBIRT, and
- champion alcohol awareness in your clinic.
Suitable for nurses working in primary health care including general practice.