APNA's definition of primary health care nursing covers health, scope of practice, primary health care, roles and settings. We also explore general practice nursing and Phillips et al. six roles of the general practice nurse.
APNA position statements
This statement outlines APNA's position on the Unregulated Health Care Workforce and its impact on primary health care.
Improving patient outcomes: Primary health care nurses working to the breadth of their scope of practice
Nurses working to their full scope of practice as part of an interdisciplinary team can enable more integrated, efficient and accessible healthcare. APNA has developed a position on primary health care nurse scope of practice.
APNA endorses the concept of the Health Care Homes model and its key characteristics, and believes the nursing workforce will play an essential role in its delivery.
This statement outlines APNA's position on the Australian Border Force Act 2015 and its impact on primary health care nurses.
APNA, together with 14 other health bodies, has endorsed this Position Statement which was prepared by the Royal Australasian College of Physicians (RACP).
- APNA Position Statement Unregulated Healthcare Workforce 2021.pdf
- APNA Position Statement Australian Border Force Act 2015.pdf
- APNA Position Statement Refugee and Asylum Seeker Health 2015.pdf
- APNA Position Statement Primary Health Care Nurses Working to the Breadth of Scope of Practice 2017
- APNA Position Statement Health Care Homes 2017.pdf
Don't slip up. Make sure you're comprehensively protected when delivering COVID-19 vaccines this year.