Supported by Health Professionals Bank. The results of this survey equips APNA members with information on the workforce conditions of your profession, and helps APNA’s develop evidence-based policy and programs relating to the primary health care nurse workforce and to advocate for you.
Do you work in Central and Eastern Sydney?
Free online learning for general practice nurses
Access more than $1,000 worth of CPD at any time you want!
APNA has partnered with Central and Eastern Sydney PHN to make 15 APNA endorsed educational modules available for free to general practice nurses in the Central and Eastern Sydney region until June 2019.
Access courses by creating an account here.
- Asthma Fundamentals for Primary Health Care Nurses
- Cardiovascular Disease Risk - Assessment and Management
- Diabetes Management in the Primary Care Setting Unit 1 - Introduction to Diabetes
- Diabetes Management in the Primary Care Setting Unit 2 - Supporting People Living with Diabetes
- Health Literacy - Improving Communication and Participation in Health and Health Care Delivery
- Obesity Management: A Structured Approach
- Obesity, Chronic Disease and Fertility
- Haemochromatosis for Nurses
- Facilitating Behaviour Change
- Nurse Clinics in Australian General Practice - Planning, Implementation and Evaluation
- Population Health for Nurses in General Practice
- Scope of Practice
- Person Centred Care Planning
- Building Effective Teams in Primary Health Care
- Leadership in Action
News and Opinion
- News: My Health Record update: Legislation changes
- Championing Change
- Carnegie nurse wins Nurse of the Year at prestigious national awards
- Primary Times Spring 2018 issue out now
- Vaccinations: New resources to address common questions
- How do you get a job in general practice?
- The view from the other side
- Member tales: Greater scope
- HIV prevention as a primary health care nurse
- Member profile : Cathy Carrasco
- Farewell CEO
- News: Amendment to APNA’s Constitution gets passed at EGM in Melbourne
- Primary Times Summer 2018 issue out now
- Do you work in Central and Eastern Sydney?
- Member tales: ECGs, making nursing worth
- Member tales: Meningococcal scare
- Is ear irrigation within my scope of practice?
- Member tales: Reduce and protect
- Member tales: An empty schedule, but a full day
- Member tales: Changing Times
- Are you interested in improving the quality of data that is collected in primary health care?
- APNA welcomes Dr Tony Hobbs back on board
- Health Workforce Scholarship Program 2019
- Member tales: Everyone has poor health literacy until proven otherwise
- Long-serving board member appointed CEO
- Vaccination doesn't stop at childhood
- APNA welcomes $12 million boost to national immunisation education
- APNA meets with Health Minister Greg Hunt
- Member tales: Farmers in a rural practice
- Member tales: Another new year in primary health care
- Valuing our primary health care nurses: APNA Workforce Survey 2018 supported by Health Professionals Bank features in MJA InSight
- Time for their flu shot
- Primary Times Winter 2018 issue out now
- Does my workplace Professional Indemnity Insurance give me enough protection?
- News: Changes to Domiciliary Medication Management Review (DMMR)
- Now is the time to protect your older patients against shingles with Zostavax
- 2018 National Immunisation Program influenza vaccines available
- Are you ready for winter's woes?
- Here is how you pump up the volume - The trifecta of improving primary healthcare
- Getting you through the Flu (season)
- Are you getting the most out of your nursing workforce?
- News: Janine Mohamed: Cultural safety matters – The conversation we need to keep having
- News: Better care at end of life gets a boost with new website
- News: Cultural safety matters – The conversation we need to keep having
- Improving patient outcomes – Primary health care nurses working to the breadth of their scope of practice
- Nurses and midwives must not practise unless they have appropriate professional indemnity insurance cover
- News: Smart digital health to help drive government's chronic disease initiative
- What will Health Care Homes mean for nurses?
- The Bega Teen Clinic
- Multi-drug resistant gonorrhea
- Tough Talk– Australian urged to plan for end of life care